Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Spicy Fajitas Rock!

Quite a lovely day today -- cool, sunny, serene. Luke went to library story time while I graded Trent's algebra, and Trent worked on biology. We're about to start our Greek chapter in history, and both Trent and I are so excited! We're also going to read some Greek drama to go along with it. This week we'll also carve pumpkins, make caramel apples, bake bread together, and finish some Halloween crafts.

This evening, I marinated some thinly sliced steak in a homemade chimichurri (an Argentinian marinade) from a Bobby Flay recipe. I also had to roast jalapenos, garlic and onions for a homemade salsa, grill onions and peppers for the fajitas and warm the tortillas, so I asked Trent to start the grill and grill the meat. He did an absolutely wonderful job at grilling! Everything tasted lovely, and Trent has gained another new skill he can use throughout adulthood. My goal is to send my children off into the world as self-sufficient adults who can cook, clean, bake and take care of themselves. Trent is well on his way:-)

Tonight is World Series game one, and Carl took his Red Sox memorabilia to WORK! He is so excited! Go Sox!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: