Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Halloween is in the Air!!!

What a lovely fall morning here in southeast Nebraska! Sunny, cool, wow! The boys were hard at work on biology, phonics, algebra, writing topic sentences, etc. this morning. I made homemade muffins for lunch, and Trent was off to work at the library for a few hours this afternoon. I'm all ready to put together a fall scrapbook page using our pumpkin patch pictures, and I just put the finishing touches on Luke's mailman Halloween costume. It looks so awesome!

Starting a new book I'm really excited about called Into the Wild by Jon Krakauer. It's now a movie that I also can't wait to see. I've read another book by this author called Under the Banner of Heaven; it's a look at Mormon Fundamentalism. I read that after Elizabeth Smart was kidnapped -- her story touched my heart so deeply. I can't wait to start this latest book by a very fine writer.

Lastly, I plan to make some spicy steak fajitas, using a lovely homemade salsa from a Rick Bayless recipe. Love his cooking!

No comments: