Friday, October 26, 2007

Pumpkin Carving


This morning was pumpkin carving central at the Calfee house. Carl, the boys and I spent quite a bit of time carving our spooky pumpkins, drying pumpkin seeds and displaying our projects on the front steps. Luke also spent a good deal of time eating yesterday's pumpkin bread! We had a great time, and Trent managed to squeeze in a 100% on his weekly spelling test and some watercolor painting as well.


We all made caramel apples this afternoon, and Carl and I worked together to make a lovely simple pasta for dinner. Then we all piled into the van for a trip outside to see our spooky, glowing pumpkins all lit up, as well as other Halloween decorations around town.


Lovely day:-)

1 comment:

Always the Clay said...

Leigh,
What a lovely pumpkin! If I had attempted to carve a C it would have looked more like this: < using my very best rustic technique.

Thank you for showing me your blog! I hope I can come by even though I just told someone I gave up blogging!
Love,
Jen