Monday, October 22, 2007

A Photography Challenge


Driving today, I was visiting with my husband, Carl, about how my passion for photography was sparked 16 years ago, when we met. He has always been a consummate photographer, and he's taught me a great deal. But, he's lost his spark, his inspiration. In recent years, he has lamented about the digital photography revolution, and he has just plain lost interest in making pictures. So I've slowly been introducing him to artists like Ali Edwards and to the joy of Flickr. Today, I proposed a challenge: Carl, our son, Trent, and I will begin a year-long photographic journey on January 1, 2008. I use a very simple 6 MP digital, and I will purchase identical cameras for Carl and Trent. We will then each document our own artistic visions, via photography, throughout 2008. We'll also let our younger son, Luke, in on the action by letting him take pictures with a disposible digital. It's a creative experiment I hope will rekindle Carl's passion for photography, enhance my skills, and introduce Trent to the lovely art of taking pictures.

No comments: