Monday, March 31, 2008

Opening Day

Well, the boys of summer are back, and I could not be more excited. Of course, the Royals are off to their usual start (Brewers 5, K.C. 2), but there's a whole season of baseball yet to be played! I must say that some of the happiest moments of my life, aside from the biggies like marriage and children, have been spent at the ballpark. There is nothing more lovely, for me, than sitting at Kauffman Stadium with Carl and the boys, watching the scoreboard, dancing during the 7th inning stretch, seeing favorite players in person, watching the game I love. Of course, Carl only truly loves Kauffman Stadium when the Red Sox are in town:-) Can't wait to get down to K.C. for a game or two or three...

Equally as lovely for me are the times spent watching any kind of baseball. One of my fondest memories from my time in Maryville was the beautiful summer evening Trent, my best friend Melissa Pratte and I spent sipping Sonic drinks and watching a summer ball league play until the sun went down.

I also had a lovely time last summer watching my little Luke play t-ball. From his red high-top sneakers to him picking his nose in the outfield to his injury when he got hit in the eye by a ball, I will always remember the special times spent watching my sweet boy play the game I love. Can't wait to do it all over again this summer:-)

Reading like crazy this week! Here's the scoop:

Short stories by Crane, Cather and Poe as Carl, Trent and I continue our literature circle. Lovely reading:-)

I'm off to Wal-Mart to purchase Nature Notebooks for the boys. Spring is here so it's time to get outside into nature and check out all of the cool birds, bugs and fish. Speaking of which, I must remember to purchase my fishing license this week too. Steinhart Park has already been crowded with people fishing, and I want to take the boys next weekend. A fishing trip would definitely cap off what promises to be a lovely weekend -- Trent is training as an altar boy Saturday morning (so, so proud of him) and Carl's surprise (sort of) 44th birthday party is Saturday afternoon with the whole Calfee crew here from Clarinda, IA. Can't wait!

No comments: