Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Being Sick is No Fun -- Literally!

Well, friends, it's finally going to be a warm March day and guess what? Both boys are sick! Each has the stomach flu, and so for them on this warm, sunny day, being sick is no fun -- literally! No park, no shorts, just a day of rest and fluids. Oh well, there's always tomorrow:-)

Luckily, this week is pretty low key. Homeschool band doesn't meet, Trent's piano/voice teacher is on vacation, etc., so we'll just take it nice and easy this week. Plus, it will be summer soon enough, with all of the rushing around summer involves. I love summer, and so do my boys, but sometimes it's nice not to have to run around to 50 different activities:-)

School is winding down for the year, and I find myself a bit wistful about it. I have loved our classroom time this year. It's been fun and cozy and exciting. We'll continue with math and literature and spelling through the summer just to keep both boys on their toes. I am so blessed to be able to homeschool these beautiful boys. What a lovely opportunity God has given me!!!

No comments: