Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Valentine's Preview

Tomorrow is Valentine's Day, one of my favorite days of the year. I love the colors, the chocolate, the flowers -- all lovely things on a cold February Day. Valentine's Day 2001 was my most memorable. I found out I was pregnant with Luke -- what a beautiful surprise!

This year, Luke has been hard at work creating valentines, stamping cards and mailing things out to his grandmas. He LOVES the post office, putting on stamps, the whole mail experience! So lovely!

Trent loves the day too because it means chocolate, and if there is one thing Trent loves, it's chocolate. Plan to bake my sweet boys (Carl included) some chocolate brownies to celebrate the day.

Looking forward to next weekend when my friend Melissa drives up from K.C. for a girl's weekend. Of course, the boys consider her family, so they'll want to hang out with her too. Can't wait to see you Melissa!

Reading three new books at once:

The Nine by Jeffrey Toobin. A look inside the current Supreme Court and how recent political events are shaping the court.

Deceptively Delicious by Jessica Seinfeld. A mom's cookbook with ideas for hiding pureed veggies (spinach, squash, etc. ) in foods like chicken nuggets and brownies. Loving this book!

New Selected Poems by Mark Strand. Former U.S. Poet Laureate, awesome wordsmith:-)


No comments: