Monday, February 4, 2008

February, Finally!

It's finally February, and each day it's a bit closer to spring (and then summer). All of the snow we have been getting is melting quickly -- a lovely thing! Taught a scrapbooking workshop last weekend at our local library. Small group, great fun, delighful completed pages. It kind of amazed me once I had all of my supplies spread out over several tables -- I've been in the scrapbooking game for 11 years now! It all began as casual mom-chat at a park in Maryville, MO while my oldest son enjoyed a play date.

Eleven years later, I'm teaching classes. It's so amazing, rewarding and fun to document the big and little moments in our lives. As I've matured as a life artist, I've also matured as a photographer to the point that good photography is essential for every page I scrapbook. I take pictures of everything -- my kids/family, birds, flowers, my favorite places, anything. I want to remember everything in vivid color, and photography is a great, creative way to do so.

Presidential politics have been on our minds a lot lately, as a family. Watching the debates, looking at the polls, listening to the pundits. Soon we'll know what direction our country is heading -- hope it's the right one!

Here are my favorite links right now. Lovely!!!

Ali Edwards

Hula Seventy

Ulta

Joslyn Art Museum -- Diego Rivera exhibit coming Fall 2008!!!!!!!

Rick Bayless' recipe for tomtillo salsa

La Paz, Mexico

When Asia Was the World -- non-fiction by Stewart Gordon I'm currently reading on Asia's "traveling merchants, scholars, warriors and monks."




No comments: