Monday, January 14, 2008

It's Been So Long!!!

It's been so long since my last post, but the holidays have come and gone, and so here I am again, blogging away about all of the lovely things in my life. The holidays were a very lovely thing this year -- lots of family, fun and love:-)

We've gotten back into the swing of school, and this semester has been a blur of school work and grading homework assignments. Trent is progressing deeper into algebra and biology, and I am trying to stay one step ahead of the game so I look like I know what I'm doing! I'm reading The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn aloud to Trent in the evenings, and Luke loves the adventurous Huck as well!!! We are also closely following the presidential election process, and we're planning a trip to the Nebraska unicameral in Lincoln before the end of the 2008 session in May. Trent has certainly learned a lot about civics, the Declaration of Independence, the Constitution and the election process this year!

We've gotten out quite a bit this month to Omaha and Lincoln, and I hope to get to Kansas City soon for a girl's weekend with my friend Melissa -- maybe a little jazz club downtown and a trip to the Sephora beauty counter?

I have made a resolution to spend more time in 2008 with people I really enjoy. Of course, that includes Carl and the boys, but also good friends -- Melissa, Jen, Rachael, etc. It's a lovely thing to know so many great people!

I've also made a resolution to laugh a lot more. No one makes me laugh harder than my friend Melissa Pratte -- sometimes we laugh so hard our sides hurt! So Melissa, this blog is dedicated to you -- you're beautiful beyond belief, you're a confident, educated woman, you are so funny, and I love you. No one is EVER out of your league!




No comments: