Friday, May 2, 2008

New Life

It's a rainy, chilly Friday, but I feel very sunny. My sister-in-law just had a new baby (April 30th), and mama and baby are going home today and doing wonderfully. I am so excited to see this new little girl, and I know Carl and the boys are excited as well. Can't wait to breathe in that new baby smell:-)

My season of garage sales has officially begun! Yesterday I shopped a sale where a woman was selling stock from her scrapbooking store!!!! Tons of bargains, lots of lovely goodies with which to work. This weekend, I hope to do more sales and find more lovely bargains.

Not a lot more going on right now...jsut gearing up for the boys' summer activities. I'm not even reading a book this week -- just an assortment of magazines. Oh well, something will catch my attention soon, and I'll be off on another voracious reading jag.

Two friends and I are starting our very own Jane Austen Book Club, after watching this movie. Probably won't be as much romance and heartbreak in our little club, but how lovely to read and discuss literature with two people I came to know in an English graduate program. We all sat through so many lectures on postmodernism and discussions of themes in the works of Toni Morrison, Shakespeare or the author de jour. Now we're done, settled and able to meet and discuss on our terms. Lovely thing, this reading obsession:-)

The boys are I are loving this show right now:
Jon & Kate Plus 8
Every one of the little sweet things on this show has captured our hearts.


Creative Inspiration for the Day:

Ali Edward's 365 Photo Project

Hula Seventy

Ali Edward's Art Journals

No comments: